Lake Central Investments Wh Gold

Should I Roll Over My Old 401(K)?

If you’ve switched jobs and have a 401(k) from a previous employer, what are your options with that account?  An article from Hartford Funds “Should I Roll Over My Old 401(k)?”, details some helpful options to consider.     

Option 1:  Do nothing/leave your money in your previous employer’s 401(k)

Option 2:  Roll over your old 401(k) to your new employer’s 401(k)

Option 3:  Roll over your old 401(k) into an IRA

Option 4:  Cash out your old 401(k) and pay the penalties

Check out Hartford Funds article for more information on rollover considerations, or give us a call to set up an appointment! As always, consult a qualified tax or legal professional regarding your specific legal or tax situation.

Share this post, choose your platform!

You are now leaving State Bank of Danvers

NOTICE: You are about to leave the State Bank of Danvers website. State Bank of Danvers, any of its agents, representatives or service providers do not control, filter, or review the content of any website that is linked to the State Bank of Danvers website. State Bank of Danvers Privacy Policy does not apply to linked websites and users who browse to a linked website should consult the privacy disclosures on the linked website for further information. Users who browse to a linked website do so at their own risk. Your choice to continue confirms you understand that you are leaving the State Bank of Danvers website.

You will be redirected to

Click the link above to continue or CANCEL